Monday 8 July 2024

What's in a Name ???

 Hello everyone, 

                       This blog task is crafted in response to the pre-thinking activity. In this blog I'll answer a few questions about the significance of the name in anyone's life. Why it is important to have a name? Click here for teacher's blog.



Q) What is your name? What is the meaning of it?

My name is Aakash, which is Gujrati name for Sky. So meaning of my name is simple which is 'Sky'.


Q) What qualities commonly linked with your name do you believe reflect your attributes?

The name Aakash is commonly assumed to have a big hearted person, who would be always happy and ready to help. I believe more or less these qualities are there in me, and it does reflect my attributes.


Q) Why do you think the name is important?

 I do think that name is important in anyone's life, because without name it would be difficult to communicate with others. In our society the name is our identity. These are some ways in which name becomes important identity, but sometimes I also believe that there is nothing in the name. Because I think that certain names gives some kind of illusionary power and ego to the person.


Thank you.

Postcolonial Studies and Globalization

Greeting, This blog post is a response to a task assigned by Professor Dilip Barad Sir. It presents my understanding and interpretations of ...